Barrick Hemlo is looking for a Senior Ground Control Engineer to join the Technical Services team and take the lead in geotechnical monitoring, planning and implementation. The Ground Control team engages with internal stakeholders daily, providing transparent, effective and trustworthy guidance that allows for safe and efficient mining.
- Accountable for geotechnical planning & implementation at the Williams Underground and Open Pit mines.
- Ground control planning includes review of the weekly/monthly/LOM mining plans, providing ground control advice, strategies and designs that ensure production & development targets can be safely & efficiently achieved by all mining areas.
- The Sr. Ground Control Engineer will be required to develop a detailed understanding of the ground conditions, geological composition & structure, failure modes & mechanisms and geotechnical history of the mine, in order to exercise good judgement and provide safe and reasonable recommendations with regard to ground conditions.
- Keep informed of latest ground support, ground monitoring equipment and instrumentation options to ensure the mine is continually operating with safe and cost-effective standards. The Sr. Ground Control Engineer will approve and ensure all support plans and geotechnical information are issued to the Designers, Planners and Operations group in an accurate and timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining or Geotechnical Engineering
- Five years Mining/Geotechnical Engineering experience
- Eligible for a license to practice Professional Engineering in the Province of Ontario
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles and a demonstrated knowledge of Canadian/American Engineering standards
- Strong presentation and verbal skills. Able to communicate ideas and recommendations in both written and verbal forms across all levels of the organization in a clear manner. Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Capability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
What we can Offer You
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
The Hemlo property consists of Williams Operating Corporation, an underground and open pit mine, located approximately 350 kilometers east of Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.