Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
The Hemlo property consists of Williams Operating Corporation, an underground and open pit mine, located approximately 350 kilometers east of Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Barrick Hemlo is looking for a Shaft Supervisor to join our team.
Reporting to the Shaft General Supervisor, the Underground Shaft Supervisor, is responsible for the following:
• Ensure that shaft crews align with and continuously improve site environmental, health, safety, and loss control systems.
• Manage all aspects of the Shaft operation in a safe, productive and cost-efficient manner.
• Ability to work in the underground mine required.
• Promote a culture of fair relationships with production, development, support, and maintenance crews.
• Achieve production goals within cost budgets in conjunction with support, maintenance, and technical services.
• Ensure that training and continuous improvement are integrated into Shaft processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of five (5) years underground mining experience with progressively increasing responsibilities preferred
• Three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory or lead role preferred
• Sound understanding and proven track record with underground safety and environmental issues required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Excellent safety and attendance record required.
• Demonstrated capacity to execute and hold self and others accountable for results required.
What we can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
• Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.