Closing Date: December 31, 2016
Client requires a shotfirer onsite to carry out various tasks.
* Ensure the safe, use, storage, security, transport and handling of explosives on the project site in accordance with all statutory and company procedural requirements.
* Ensure all shot-crew personnel comply with all statutory and company procedural requirement.
* Ensure all blasting practices conform to relevant Australian Mining, OH and Explosives & Dangerous Goods Legislation.
* Ensure magazine records are accurately maintained to required standards and sufficient explosive stock is maintained so as not to adversely impact on production requirements.
* Ensure all blasting practices conform to any Client site specific environmental requirements.
* Ensure housekeeping in magazines, magazine compound, explosive vehicles and work areas is maintained to a high level.
* Ensure that blasting specifications and quality requirements are met.
* Ensure blast reports are accurately completed on the required forms and provided to the Supervisor at the end of each shift.
* Ensure relevant Pre-start checks are completed prior to commencement of work activities.
* Operate ancillary equipment (stemming loader etc) in accordance with procedures.