Papua New Guinea
Barrick (Niugini) Limited (BNL) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group. The Porgera Gold Mine employs over 2,500 Papua New Guineans, and over the life of the mine it has contributed approximately 10% of Papua New Guinea’s total annual exports.
BNL offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to play an important role in the training and development of our national workforce. The role will not only challenge your skills but can be very rewarding.
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, this role will be responsible to provide leadership and supervision in the underground mining operation to ensure safe and efficient hauling of ore, waste and backfilling activities that include loaders, trucks, traders, Spotters, ROM Pad, Stockpiles and samples to provide training and coaching to the National Haulage Supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Guide the Underground team in the completion of tasks to ensure achievement of shift plans;
• Ensure all FLRA forms are filled out correctly and signed off by Supervisors;
• Ensure all work crews have trained personnel or haulage of equipment;
• Work closely with the training department to identify training needs for new and current operators;
• Ensure safe operation of calling levels by truck drivers is adhered to;
To be suitable for this role, you will possess the following:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in underground mining operations;
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in tele remote operations;
• Understanding and knowledge of Tele-remote set up and requirements;
• Ability and willingness to train and develop underground national employees
• Certificate IV Training and Assessment (preferable);
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness;
• Current Drivers Licence.
Your primary location will be the Porgera Mine Site. An on-travel allowance will be provided to candidates who reside outside of Cairns, Australia. Alternatively the Company will provide assistance as per BNL Relocation Policy to relocate the successful candidate to Cairns, Australia if the candidate holds a current visa to reside in Australia. The roster for this role is a fly in, fly out rotation on 16 days on, 12 days off.
How to Apply
All submissions must be via the Barrick website www.barrick.com/Careers reference number: 085818. Applications close on Thursday 17th January 2019. If you have any further questions please contact Kristy Soper, Human Resources Advisor on (07) 4050 5100.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea. All applicants must be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
BNL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. Applicants who have not been responded to within thirty (30) days from the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.