Barrick is looking for a Stockpile to join the Process team.
- Monitor and record stockpile inventories
- Data entry of production information, ore haul information, and other records as needed.
- Ensure stockpiles are correctly located
- Manage contractor activities associated with the ore haul.
- Provide daily dig/offload maps for Barrick and contractor personnel.
- Communicate and distribute daily ore blends (with options) to achieve target tons and grade.
- Communicate haulage needs with ore haul contractors.
- Communicate safety or other ongoing issues with open pit and underground crews
- Work at all times with the utmost attention to safety.
- Wear required protective/safety equipment including steel shoes or boots, safety glasses, and hard hat. Wear hearing protection, respirator, and gloves when required.
- Perform all essential functions of this position without posing a direct threat of harm to him/herself, to others, to the environment, or to mine equipment or other property.
- Maintain pad surfaces in safe condition.
- Use computers and software to input data and produce reports
- Use other office machines and equipment such as copiers, calculators, printers, phone systems, and two-way radio.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university OR a combination of education and applicable work experience, coupled with demonstrated abilities required for duties of the job required.
- Written and verbal communication skills required.
- Analytic and reasoning skills required.
- Mining or construction experience preferred
- Experience with heavy earth moving equipment such as loaders, dozers, and trucks preferred
- Experience in managing contractor activities preferred
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.