Closing Date: December 31, 2016
Supervisors are the future leaders of Agrium. For this role, we are looking for a bright and energetic individual with the potential and desire to grow your career with a truly amazing Company.
It’s all skilled hands on deck as we build our amazing culture across the globe. Join our organization to explore the chance to work side-by-side with colleagues who know the true value of teamwork and who will provide the support you need to succeed. While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to define your day, the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects ranging from large to small in scale. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never imagined. Every employee contributes to the safe and reliable production of products that help Feed the World.
Agrium is looking for someone to be able to connect with our exciting Vanscoy Potash Operations (VPO). Our VPO is located just 33 kilometers southwest of Saskatoon! VPO produces three sizes of high quality potash for shipment to markets around the world. The ore body is one kilometer below the surface. An extensive network of underground roads takes workers to the mine faces and various shops. This operation directly employs over 700 people in the mill and mine.
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Construction, the Supervisor, Mine Construction is responsible to manage and supervise a production crew of up to 19 operators in a rapidly growing and expanding mine.
– Responsible for the safe day to day supervision of the construction crew in the mine
– Adhere to all relevant corporate policies, procedures and Tenets of Operation.
– Assess mining conditions daily and take actions to mitigate hazards
– Ensure work areas meet OH&S regulations and document all mining activities.
– Take ownership of all safety related incidents on their crew
– Lead Quality Toolbox and Safety meetings
– Conduct monthly JTOs
– Support OHC committee members and ensure completion of OHC action items
– Take an active role in Performance Management Activities.
– Work with Trainers to provide on-the-job training to the crew to ensure effectiveness.
– Administer the crews’ progression through the training department.
– Promote continuous improvement in all aspects of the production department.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– The ability to openly communicate between operations, construction, and project groups.
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Agrium is the core of everything we do and our candidate must be respectful of diverse opinions and views.
– Highly motivated
– Lead by example
– Strong passion for safety
– A leader who can drive individual, team and site performance by setting targets, responding to challenges and executing to achieve business results in line with Agrium’s values.
– Build and lead Agrium’s culture by being a visible role model of Agrium values
– and behaviors
– Energize, motivate and inspire your crew, your colleagues to achieve the site strategy
– Work to build relationships based on trust and collaboration, with your crew, your colleagues and the leadership team to ensure execution of Vanscoy Potash Operation’s strategy.
– Lead and support change. Identify opportunities to continually improve safety, production and costs.
– Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
– Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
– Potash industry experience as an operator or supervisor. Other combinations of work experience and/or education will be considered.
– Working knowledge of potash mining operations
– Supervisory experience in a unionized environment would be an asset
– Mining, trade or construction experience is a definite asset
– Working knowledge of SAP would be an asset but not necessary.
We want to grow with you. Offering a fast-paced environment coupled with great people is what sets Agrium’s culture apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to growing our employees and that is what consistently makes Agrium an award winning company, listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S. We’re looking for people to help us feed the world and require a workforce grown from diverse backgrounds and experience.
Agrium is an organizational culture that promotes corporate social responsibility, with a vision to help ‘feed the world’ in ways that protect the environment, support economic vitality, and enhance communities.
Agrium is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and veterans.