GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: Successful candidate will safely and effectively coordinate and manage the production work of the open pit mine operations. As a leader for operations, it is important to be able to adopt new ideas, improvements, and good practice – safety, health, environmental, maintenance, production, and cost reduction. Strong application of leadership to execute the mine plan and improve performance by leading an operations team to deliver safe, environmentally sound, and efficient gold production from the Cortez Open Pit. Selected person must be able to perform all job functions on shift as well as maintaining employee training, evaluations and collaboration with peers, crew and Technical Services. Candidate must perform and review FLRA and document incidents in RIMS, and maintain quality control procedures. Foremost, promote a safe working environment, procedures and culture.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Minimum 5 years mining experience or equivalent industrial type environment, with demonstrated leadership ability and success in relevant technical assignment preferred.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience in equipment operation required.
• Proven safety and environmental leadership through Courageous Leadership and Visible Felt Leadership required.
• Sound understanding of safety and environment requirements associated with operating as Responsible Miners required.
• Cooperate with peer supervisors, coordinators, technical support, and managers on management of safety, environmental, maintenance, and production issues required.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite software and Oracle preferred.
• Excellent communication skills—both oral and written required.
• Excellent planning, problem solving, decision making, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Other factors, including an employee’s performance, length of service, and work record will also be considered.
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER