GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: Successful candidate will safely and effectively coordinate and manage the production work of the open pit mine operations. As a leader for operations, it is important to be able to adopt new ideas, improvements, and good practice – safety, health, environmental, maintenance, production, and cost reduction. Strong application of leadership to execute the mine plan and improve performance by leading an operations team to deliver safe, environmentally sound, and efficient gold production from the Cortez Open Pit. Selected person must be able to perform all job functions on shift as well as maintaining employee training, evaluations and collaboration with peers, crew and Technical Services. Candidate must perform and review FLRA and document incidents in RIMS, and maintain quality control procedures. Foremost, promote a safe working environment, procedures and culture.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Minimum 5 years mining experience or equivalent industrial type environment, with demonstrated leadership ability and success in relevant technical assignment preferred.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience in equipment operation required.
• Proven safety and environmental leadership through Courageous Leadership and Visible Felt Leadership required.
• Sound understanding of safety and environment requirements associated with operating as Responsible Miners required.
• Cooperate with peer supervisors, coordinators, technical support, and managers on management of safety, environmental, maintenance, and production issues required.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite software and Oracle preferred.
• Excellent communication skills—both oral and written required.
• Excellent planning, problem solving, decision making, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Other factors, including an employee’s performance, length of service, and work record will also be considered.
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
March 20, 2023
Gold prices backed off from the key $2,000 level on Monday as investors assess the health of the global banking sector, even as increasing bets of a Federal Reserve rate pause kept bullion near a one-year peak. Earlier, spot gold climbed 1.6% to its highest si … Read More
March 20, 2023
Golden Minerals Company (NYSE-A: AUMN, TSX: AUMN), a precious metals miner with over a dozen projects across Argentina, Mexico and United States, has provided an initial mineral resource estimate for its Yoquivo silver-gold project. Yoquivo is an exploration-s … Read More
March 20, 2023
Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) shares surged as much as 11.2% on Monday as the Australian gold miner started underground production three months ahead of schedule at its New South Wales Cowal project. “We are now on the pathway to increase Cowal’s production … Read More