Papua New Guinea
Barrick (Niugini) Limited (BNL) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group. The Porgera Gold Mine employs over 2,500 Papua New Guineans, and over the life of the mine it has contributed approximately 10% of Papua New Guinea’s total annual exports.
BNL offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to play an important role in the training and development of our national workforce. The role will not only challenge your skills but can be very rewarding.
We seek to appoint an experienced Mobile Maintenance Technical Specialist to join the Porgera Team. Reporting directly to the Foreman, the Technical Specialist is responsible for the supervising for the general operation of the Mobile Maintenance Section within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand and comply with the maintenance performance indices.
• Assists in the evaluation of Performance Reviews of Sub-Ordinates.
• Assists with the development of SWP’s, JSA’s and QA program.
• Ensure that compliance with DNV is maintained.
• Ensure all work is followed accordingly within government regulations & company policy.
• Assists in technical matters as required.
• Ability to diagnose and react proactively to equipment faults, and direct effective repairs.
• Motivate and maintain moral of a workforce comprising of National employees.
• Ensure that that the on the job training records are maintained.
• Understand and adopt the HPC principles in the workplace.
• Provide guidance to the team in the completion of tasks, to ensure achievement of the shift plan.
• Ability to train and mentor the National Trades personnel.
• Relieve for the Mobile Maintenance Workshop Shift Supervisor and Foremen as and when required.
To be suitable for this role, you will possess the following:
• Must possess a trade certificate in Heavy Equipment Fitting
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in relative technical area.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the mining industry.
• Minimum 1 year supervisory experience in relative technical area.
• The ability and willingness to train and develop national employees
• Experience on a broad range of Caterpillar equipment.
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
• Sound planning and organisational skills.
• Safety Training, Emergency rescue training, First Aid Certificate.
• Working knowledge of computerised maintenance systems.
Your primary location will be the Porgera Mine Site. An on-travel allowance will be provided to candidates who reside outside of Cairns, Australia. Alternatively the Company will provide assistance as per BNL Relocation Policy to relocate the successful candidate to Cairns, Australia if the candidate holds a current visa to reside in Australia. The roster for this role is a fly in, fly out rotation on 16 days on, 12 days off.
How to Apply
All submissions must be via the Barrick website www.barrick.com/Careers reference number: 085559. Applications close on Thursday 15th November 2018. If you have any further questions please contact Kristy Soper, Human Resources Advisor on (07) 4050 5100.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea. All applicants must be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
BNL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. Applicants who have not been responded to within thirty (30) days from the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.