Barrick is looking for an Underground Senior Mine Geologist to join our team.
Reporting to the Chief Geologist is responsible for the following:
Ore Control Supervision
- Oversee the geologic mapping and level compilation of data collected in the UG headings
- Track production sampling and material handling compliance and reporting
- Ensure production data is accurately captured in AcQuire software
- Confirm channel results are correctly posted in Vulcan database
- Align team with the evolving short-term plans and strategic goals of the operation
- Prepare monthly report on Ore Control results
Delineation Drilling Supervision
- Working with his/her teams and in conjunction with the Planning Engineers, develop, design, schedule delineation drilling programs that align with the strategic mining plan
- Work closely with Drilling Services to make sure drill programs goals are achieved.
- Oversee the core and RC logging, interpretation, and validation of the drilling database
- Analyze information and make recommendations and status updates to stakeholders
- Prepare Delineation Drilling reports concerning the progress and results.
- Manage team’s assignments and support the professional development of team members
- Build capabilities of the team to enhance their ability to achieve financial and operating strategies
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with others.
- Respects the unique contributions of all individuals.
- Supports a working environment where differences are appreciated, valued and encouraged.
- Seeks to understand the circumstances, needs and perspectives of others.
- Ensure that standards are consistently applied and adhered to
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
The Turquoise Ridge property is located in the Getchell – Potosi Mining District, about 43 miles northeast of Winnemucca, Nevada. Barrick is the operator and 75% owner of the mine with Newmont owning the remaining 25%.
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted