Provide excellent customer service to end users and the mines. Assist Vendor Management team with the execution, management, and maintenance of the vendor database to include certifying and rating vendors according to Barrick’s Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption policies and procedures.
- Assist end user requests to bring new vendors to Barrick in an efficient manner
- Provide guidance and follow up to our vendors throughout the Vendor Onboarding process
- Professionally communicate with End users and vendors when gathering or confirming vendor information
- Manage new vendors as well as maintaining existing vendor information for North America sites; manage vendor database for multiple sites and onboard new vendors
- Recertify existing vendors as needed, can include reaching out to end users and the vendors to acquire information needed
- Manage, verify and accurately input New Vendor data into Oracle system upon end user request
- Research and verify existing vendor information for recertification
- Update and Maintain vendor data in Oracle including but not limited to site, address and payment terms
- Certify and rate vendors according to the Barrick Vendor Onboarding Standard and ensure they align with Barrick’s Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption policies and procedures.
- Run reports and maintain Oracle data base to ensure all active suppliers are in compliance with the Barrick Vendor Onboarding Standard
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in supply chain, accounts payable, receiving or payment processes preferred, Mining experience preferred
- Strong computer and database skills required, experience with Oracle, Markview and Microsoft Office software preferred
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with wide variety of people required
- Maintain safe work record required
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.