Location: Fairbanks, Alaska, USA
At our Kinross Fort Knox Mine located 30 minutes outside of Fairbanks Alaska, you’ll find many rewarding career opportunities and a life full of adventure in the great Alaskan outdoors. Fairbanks is a lively community that mixes small-town charm with big-city amenities, all while having the wilderness and endless recreational possibilities on your doorstep. Kinross is the largest open pit gold mine in Alaska, with over 650 employees producing 240,000 tons per day.
The incumbent is responsible for warehouse counter duties, and assists in shipping and receiving, materials handling, inventory controls, and other duties as assigned by the Supervisor while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect Kinross’ values.
- Handle material requests and issues at the warehouse counter based on established warehouse procedures. This will include knowledge of inventory locations and proper information input and handling.
- Rotation of inventory
- Keeping shelves stocked and the receiving area clear.
- Sweep floors, dust the area, and maintain neat appearance inside and outside storage areas.
- Progressive training in the JD Edwards System, including issues, receiving and all materials handling functions.
- Assist in the shipping and receiving of materials.
- Assist in the surveillance of the warehouse and outside storage areas in loss prevention.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above.
- Performs other related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Experience in the JD Edwards system is preferred.
- DOT Hazmat training is preferred.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Must follow established warehouse and safety procedures as directed.
- Must be able to carry out assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Must possess good knowledge of and ability to use a mainframe, personal computer, and its related systems.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of mining operations, as well as limited understanding of milling and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge and skill with P.C. utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of the management team.
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and technical writing skills.
- Must be 18 years old and presently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
- Requires valid driver’s license.
Works under the direct supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor.
US work permit required
Travel not required, only exceptionally
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.