The company reports it is on target for commercial production to begin in 2020.
eCobalt Solutions Inc. (ECS:TSX; ECSIF:OTCQX; ECO:FSE) recently reported construction continues to progress on time and on budget at its Idaho Cobalt Project, which is the only near-term environmentally permitted primary cobalt deposit in the United States. The project is located near the town of Salmon, within the Idaho Cobalt Belt.
The company stated that the construction highlights include:
- Completed the WTP building foundation and slab. Building steel erection and placement of large components to commence August 18th.
- Started lining the Tailings Waste Storage Facility (TWSF) and ponds for September completion.
- Completed potable water system connection to site admin building.
- Completed the power distribution system to the ponds and wells.
- Water Treatment Plant (WTP) equipment has been mobilized to site.
“Very good progress has been made at the ICP by our exceptional team of mining professionals. We remain on target for commercial production to begin in 2020. In addition, discussions continue to progress with strong interest from multiple potential off-take partners and project financiers in numerous jurisdictions. We remain focused on the execution of our strategic plan to create long term value for all shareholders by pursuing a clean cobalt concentrate favourable to the battery manufacturing market,” stated Paul Farquharson, president & CEO of eCobalt.
Development of the concentrate roasting process utilizing a rotary kiln continues as planned. Bench scale testing, conducted by Expert Processing Solutions, a Dundee Sustainable Technologies partner laboratory, was completed in July. Pilot-level testing to confirm the updated process flow sheet was also conducted in July at Hazen Research, Inc., the company reported.
1) Jake Richardson compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: eCobalt Solutions. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.