EIA weekly coal production totals 15.8 million short t
August 25, 2016
The US Energy Information Administration (EIA) has published the weekly coal production data for the week ending 13 August 2016. The highlights are detailed below:
- Estimated US coal production reached approximately 15.8 million short t.
- This production estimate is 0.5% lower than last week’s estimate and 15.2% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production reached 5.8 million short t.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production reached 10 million short t.
- US year-to-date coal production reached 421.6 million short t, 25.2% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015.
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly/