Golden Queen Mining (TSX:GQM) reported that commissioning activities have commenced at the processing facility at its Soledad Mountain gold-silver project. Construction activities are proceeding on schedule, with the first gold pour anticipated to take place in February.
As quoted in the press release:
- Project construction has reached the 95% completion mark.
- Commissioning of the Crushing-Screening plant commenced in November and continued through early December.
- Commissioning of the Conveying-Stacking system commenced in early December.
- Full power was provided to the project on December 4th.
- Pad loading of agglomerated ore was initiated on December 15th.
- The Merrill-Crowe facility commissioning is anticipated to commence in mid-January.
- Ore stockpiling is ongoing.
- Leaching is anticipated to commence in mid-January with first gold production targeted for early February 2016.
- There are now 91 full-time employees in Mojave and all of the senior management positions have been filled.
- Construction is tracking in-line with the budget.
Golden Queen Chairman and interim CEO, Thomas Clay, said:
We have almost completed construction, and I am proud of the progress that our team has made over the past 24 months. I would like to thank all of our employees and contractors for their dedication and commitment. The first gold pour is expected to occur in February and will signify a new chapter in Golden Queen’s long history as we transition from development to production.
There Is No Guide to Gold That is More Concise, Clear and Authoritative.
Download our FREE Special Report, Is Gold a Good Investment? Gold Price Forecast 2015
The post Golden Queen Mining Begins Commissioning of Processing Facility appeared first on Investing News Network.