An Eight Capital report discussed the company’s flagship assets following a recent visit.
In a research note dated July 16, 2018, analyst David Talbot reported that Eight Capital upgraded its rating on Azarga Uranium Corp. (AZZ:TSX) to Buy from Neutral and raised its target price to CA$0.40 per share from CA$0.30. The stock price is currently CA$0.27 per share.
These changes came following Eight Capital’s visit to Azarga’s flagship Dewey Burdock and Dewey Terrace properties in South Dakota and Wyoming, from which Talbot came away “quite impressed.”
As for Dewey Burdock, Talbot wrote, “we affirm [it] is one of the best undeveloped in situ recovery (ISR) projects in the U.S.” There, Azarga plans to produce up to 9.7 million pounds (9.7 Mlb) of uranium over 11 years at a cash cost of US$18.86 per pound. Projections show a pretax 8% net present value of US$149 million (US$149M) and a 67% internal rate of return based on US$65 per pound uranium. Capex would be “low” initially, at US$27M, as toll milling would take place at a nearby ISR plant.
The uranium mineralization at Dewey Burdock is associated with vanadium, and a 2015 PEA leachability test suggested vanadium recoveries of 70–5%, relayed Talbot. Thus, the potential to mine vanadium from the project exists.
An updated preliminary economic assessment (PEA) on Dewey Burdock is expected in Q4/18, following a resource update in Q3/18. “Dewey Burdock is robust, with a mineralized footprint likely having doubled since the initial resource and PEA was completed in 2015,” Talbot wrote. “Uranium prices permitting, we could see wellfield deployment as early as 2019.”
Talbot indicated that in the interim, Azarga continues to work toward obtaining its final Environmental Protection Agency Permit. First, it must resolve the issue of its application for a Nuclear Regulatory License (NRC) being in contention. The NRC indicated it will respond by July 23, 2018. The Oglala Sioux tribe has until Aug 17, 2018, to do the same. The Atomic Safety and Licensing Board, the ultimate arbiter on the NRC, could make its final decision in mid-September, at the earliest. The analyst relayed that the “worst case is this drags out to May 2019, but this might better align with Dewey Burdock development plans.”
As for Azarga’s other property, Dewey Terrace, it “may be a potential satellite operation to complement a central processing facility at Dewey Burdock,” said Talbot.
He reiterated that Azarga’s recent acquisition of URZ Energy bolstered the company’s project pipeline, as it gained the Gas Hills and Juniper Ridge assets. On the roughly 13 million pounds of uranium resources gotten from URZ, Eight Capital revalued it in situ at CA$0.50 per pound, up from CA$0.25. Via the acquisition, Azarga also gained “financing, marketing, development and production experience,” which, Talbot suggested, “should be useful in the advancement of Dewey Burdock and its nearby satellite deposits.”
Want to read more Energy Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you’ll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Azarga Uranium, a company mentioned in this article.
Disclosures from Eight Capital, Azarga Uranium Corp., Rating Change, July 16, 2018
Conflicts of Interest: Eight Capital has written procedures designed to identify and manage potential conflicts of interest that arise in connection with its research and other businesses. The compensation of each Research Analyst/Associate involved in the preparation of this research report is based competitively upon several criteria, including performance assessment criteria, the quality of research and the value of the services they provide to clients of Eight Capital. The Research Analyst compensation pool includes revenues from several sources, including sales, trading and investment banking. Research analysts and associates do not receive compensation based upon revenues from specific investment banking transactions.
Eight Capital generally restricts any research analyst/associate and any member of his or her household from executing trades in the securities of a company that such research analyst covers, with limited exception.
Research Analyst Certification
Each Research Analyst and/or Associate who is involved in the preparation of this research report hereby certifies that:
• the views and recommendations expressed herein accurately reflect his/her personal views about any and all of the securities or issuers that are the subject matter of this research report;
• his/her compensation is not and will not be directly related to the specific recommendations or views expressed by the Research Analyst in this research report;
• they have not affected a trade in a security of any class of the issuer whether directly or indirectly through derivatives within the 30-day period prior to the publication of this research report;
• they have not distributed or discussed this Research Report to/with the issuer, investment banking at Eight Capital or any other third party except for the sole purpose of verifying factual information; and
• they are unaware of any other potential conflicts of interest.
The Research Analyst involved in the preparation of this research report does not have any authority whatsoever (actual, implied or apparent) to act on behalf of any issuer mentioned in this research report.