Lily mine secures funding and will resume search in September

June 9, 2017

Responsive image

The search for the remains of three Lily Gold Mine workers — who were trapped underground in Barberton in Mpumalanga in February last year, when a lamp-room container they were working in fell into a sinkhole — would resume in September, the company said on Thursday. Lily mine’s business rescue practitioner, Rob Devereux, told the African News Agency (ANA) that the company has finally secured a funding of 20-million Canadian dollars from Galane Gold, a Canadian mining company.

Category: General