Lucapa Diamond Company (ASX:LOM) and its partners, Endiama and Rosas & Petalas, have provided an update on its diamond production operations and exploration activities at the Lulo Diamond Project in Angola.
As quoted in the press release:
Production Highlights – July 2016 month
- Record recovery of 59 large Special diamonds (diamonds > 10.8 carats in weight)
- Record diamond production of 3,164 carats
- Record diamond grade of 15 carats per 100 cubic metres
- Record processing volumes of 21,114 bulk cubic metres (Bcm)
- Drilling at kimberlite target L259 continues after early commissioning delays were experienced. Re-sedimented volcaniclastic kimberlite (“SRKV”), or crater lake sediments, were intersected in initial hole-drilling targeting pyroclastic kimberlite (“PK”).
- Additional larger drill rig scoped, identified and will be ordered shortly to accelerate kimberlite drilling program.
- New zone of terrace gravels identified from ongoing alluvial exploration-3km further upstream of the delineated JORC diamond resource, highlighting the potential for the entire 51km stretch of Cacuilo River at Lulo to host large alluvial diamonds.
Click here to read the full press release.
“The Secret Truth Of Why The
Rich Buy Diamonds”
Discover why the world’s smartest, most affluent men and women have always invested in diamonds as a safe-haven for their wealth. Click here to access a special INN Insider’s Report on the diamond market (value: $49) – For FREE. Limited time offer. No credit card required.
The post Record Diamond Recoveries at Lulo appeared first on Investing News Network.