SOURCE: Atalaya Mining PLC
September 05, 2016 02:00 ET
NICOSIA, CYPRUS–(Marketwired – Sep 5, 2016) – Atalaya Mining PLC (AIM: ATYM) (TSX: AYM)
Atalaya Mining plc (“Atalaya” or the “Company”)
(AIM: ATYM, TSX: AYM)
US$14 million Prepayment Funding with Transamine Trading S.A.
The Company is pleased to announce the conclusion of a significant proportion of its funding requirements in relation to the mine expansion (the “Expansion Project”), through entering into a US$14 million copper concentrate prepayment agreement (the “Facility”) with Transamine Trading S.A. (“Transamine”).
Transamine, an independent and privately owned commodity trading company headquartered in Geneva, has been assigned part of the offtake agreements from existing offtakers.
- The duration of the Facility is from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2018;
- Under the terms of the Facility, Transamine will receive 60,000 Dry Metric Tonnes (“DMTs”) per annum of copper concentrate;
- The Company’s subsidiary, EMED Marketing Limited (“EMED Marketing”), will have the ability to draw down the US$14 million prepayment funding following the signing of the agreement;
- Terms and conditions of the Facility are based on standard market conditions. The Facility will bear interest at US$ 6 months LIBOR + 2.75%;
- The Facility will be settled through agreed deductions from the payments received for each shipment;
- Transamine has agreed to pay for copper concentrates at a price based on the prevailing metal prices for the copper and silver content around the time of shipment, less any applicable deductions, all pursuant to the terms of the prevailing offtake agreements;
- EMED Marketing has the option to extend the contract, with the same terms, for an additional US$ 14 million provided certain production conditions have been met and the first US$ 14 million have been settled.
EMED Marketing’s obligations to Transamine under the Facility are secured by ore and concentrates in stock and to be produced by the Company, in addition to new equipment purchased by the Company for the Expansion Project.
|Atalaya Mining plc||Roger Davey / Alberto Lavandeira||+34 959 59 28 50|
|Canaccord Genuity (NOMAD and Joint Broker)||Henry Fitzgerald-O’Connor / Martin Davison||+44 20 7523 8000|
|BMO Capital Markets (Joint Broker)||Jeffrey Couch/Neil Haycock/Tom Rider||+44 20 7236 1010|
Click on, or paste the following link into your web browser, to view the associated PDF document.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange