• Sizable tracts located in the heart of PA’s productive Bluestone region within geographic proximity
• Potential direct access to the Norfolk Southern Line
• Transferable quarry/mining permits
• Opportunity to become one of the largest bluestone operators in the region
• Significant bluestone reserves
• Ready-to-mine quarries with easy access to the entire northeast
Location and Access:
The area is home to the highly sought-after Pennsylvania bluestone, found only in the northeastern tier of Pennsylvania and southeastern New York. The quarries are conveniently located close to major interstates and railroad lines, making bluestone transportation to other areas of the country quick and easy.
Motivated Seller | Seller Has Agreed to Sell to Highest Bidder At or Above Minimum Bids of $500,000 Per Site
Minimum Bid: $500,000/site
On-Site Inspections: By Appointment Only
Two tracts totaling 905± AC throughout Susquehanna and located in the heart of Pennsylvania’s productive bluestone region. These properties have significant bluestone reserves and include ready-to-mine quarries featuring easy access to the entire northeast! Stone meets PENNDOT and NJDOT cycle sodium soundness test standards. Previously approved under former ownership.
Pennsylvania bluestone is a layered sandstone found only in the northeastern tier of Pennsylvania and the southern tier of New York. The quarried product has many uses, from cut dimensional stone used in patios, walkways and stair treads to architectural stone used in buildings. It is also used for wallstone, decorative boulders, natural steps and other landscape features. Due to the limited areas where bluestone reserves can be found, together with a growing demand for the prized stone, production volumes have remained strong in recent years.